Barton D. Wood
Barton Dixon Wood was a native of Merced, Calif., where he studied architecture and engineering at Stanford University, later transferring to the University of Michigan.
He partnered with architect Samuel F. Abraham to form the firm Abraham & Wood. He later opened his own firm, retiring in 1955.
He lived at 695 Rivard in Grosse Pointe at the time of his death at age 65 on April 11, 1956. He died at Dearborn Veterans Hospital.
He was survived by his wife, Justine, a son, Barton C., and was buried in Bluffton, Ind.