Most Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
Most Holy Trinity is not only one of the oldest churches in the city, it is also Detroit’s second oldest parish, having been established in 1835. Only Ste. Anne de Detroit is older.
Trinity was also the first parish in Detroit specifically geared toward English-speaking Catholics.
This church was designed by East Coast architect Patrick C. Keely and opened in 1855. The stained glass was designed by Ignace Schott, also known as Ignatius Schott. Schott.
Trinity is also home to the oldest pipe organ in Michigan.
More on this building coming soon.