St. Louis the King Roman Catholic Church
This church was among the last Catholic churches built in Detroit, erected at Seven Mile just east of Mound in the Kranz Woods neighborhood. It was one of a number of Polish parishes in the city, and was founded in 1923. This church opened in 1959, however.
When the Archdiocese of Detroit started closing and merging parishes, St. Louis was combined with Transfiguration/Our Lady Help of Christians and St. Ladislaus to form the Blessed John Paul II Parish.
Its elementary school, run by the Felician Sisters, closed in 1988 and was demolished in 1991.