On the north side of Canfield Avenue West, the home closest to Second Boulevard, at 628, was built in 1879 by Mr. David O. Paige, the General Manager and Treasurer of the Detroit Safe Company, an enormous vault and safe company in Detroit. Possibly designed by John Scott.
Mr. Paige resided here for many years, until the home was purchased by Mr. George W, Golden, President of the Michigan Engine Valve Company in 1908.
Here's a list of houses lined up on the north side of W. Canfield between 2nd Ave. and 3rd Ave.. They can also be found on Historic Detroit:
Last updated 18/04/2023