This still structure in the New Center area of Detroit used to be the Mounted Division headquarters of the Detroit Police Department's 9th Precinct, and what stands today is about half of the original design.
Well-known architect Louis Kamper designed this structure in 1898. which is also known as the Hamlin Avenue Station, because East Bethune Street was originally called Hamlin. The 8th Precinct on the northeast corner of Grand River Avenue and Rosa Parks Boulevard was also designed by Kamper in a similar style.
It appears that the 9th Precinct was closed in 1954, but the Mounted Division stayed, which is why their building remains standing and the old station next to it was demolished.
More on this building coming soon.