The masonry, iron and wood-frame four-story three bay brick commercial building originally opened in 1879 and then again in 1911 after an extensive renovation. Rectangular-shaped building between two others on Woodward, it shares a party wall with the building at 616 Woodward.
The Woodward frontage is seventeen feet wide. First built for the Traub Jewelry Company when they relocated from East Jefferson Avenue. The building retains its original window openings in the upper two stories. The brick has been painted dark red. The roof is pitched.
The lower two levels were renovated in 1911 for the Grand Trunk Railway’s ticket offices. The renovation incorporated a terra cotta rounded arch inset with multi-paned windows on the second floor. The arch contains a crest displaying the initials GT, and an entablature contains the words Grand Trunk.
The first floor storefront was renovated for Foran’s Grand Trunk Pub. According to their website, the owner is committed to his Michigan loyalty. He exclusively serves Michigan beers, and, when possible, he sources the ingredients for his delicious pub food from within the state.