The Burns Hotel, left, and Old Wayne County Building
The Burns Hotel was a major makeover of several older commercial buildings that were patched together, re-sheathed in matching brick and completely overhauled inside.
The Burns Hotel at back right, with vestiges of the old Central Market on Cadillac Square still evident.
The Burns Hotel can be seen on the far left. It was dwarfed by the Pontchartrain Hotel, center, across Cadillac Square.
The Burns Hotel, center left, in 1909, a year after it opened.
The Burns Hotel with a giant Tivoli's beer sign. The Burns' co-owner was also an executive at the brewery.