Crowley's in April 1977, when it was announced the store would close. Note the giant empty expanse - where Compuware is now. It is where the old Detroit Opera House once stood.
Crowley's in its days as Pardridge & Blackwell. Note the addition had not been put on yet.
Crowley's in April 1910, looking northeast on Monroe Street toward Randolph. The Hotel Ste. Claire is in the distance.
The bridge spanning Farmer Street that connected the two buildings in 1977, the year the landmark was leveled
Crowley's in 1963
Crowley's in 1960
Holiday shoppers in front of Crowley's in December 1932
Crowley's in May 1977, about two months before demolition began.
Crowley's in January 1977, shortly before closing
One of Crowley's escalators
The bridge spanning Farmer Street that connected the two buildings.
Crowley's in March 1937
Crowley's in June 1943
Crowley's entrance in April 1977
The Crowley's bridge in April 1977
By the end of the building's life, as seen here in April 1977, the interior had been vastly modernized.
Crowley's workers meet during a pro-union rally inside Crowley's in 1937
The Crowley arch in 1958.
The bridge spanning Farmer Street that connected the two buildings in May 1958
Crowley's in April 1977, shortly before closing
Crowley's in 1969
Crowley's, in its days as Pardridge & Blackwell (P&B)