The Fillmore auditorium as seen from the balcony in 2023. During the 2018 renovation, they brightened it up color wise. Previous green accent colors were replaced with an ivory color. The dome's dominating presence is literally the crowning masterpiece of this beautiful structure.
The "facelift" the theater received in 2018 is nothing short of amazing.
The real "whoa" factor comes inside the main auditorium, where the grand domed ceiling had been deep-cleaned and meticulously repainted for the first time since the C. Howard Crane-designed venue opened as the State Theater in 1925.
A view at the the barrel vaulted Grand Foyer from the second floor. The Corinthian columns and side walls, as well as all the stained glass doors to the outside and to the Rotunda Lobby, were beautifully restored to their 1925 original look.
The 12-story building housing the Fillmore is known as the Francis Palms Building. When the theater opened up in 1925, the theater was called the State, then changed in 1937 to be the Palms-State, then in 1949 it became the Palms, then in 1982 it became the State once again, and in 2007 it became the Fillmore.
At some point, main floor seats were removed and stored away with seating reduced from 1500 down to 700. The slope was terraced to multi levels for a dance floor and several higher levels of bistro style seating.