The Pingree monument has stood in Grand Circus Park for more than 100 years.
The monument in its original location, the northwest corner of Woodward and Park.
The Hotel Tuller, left, and Kales Building (then the Kresge) loom behind Pingree.
The Pingree monument in 1945.
The monument is unveiled before a throng of supporters on May 30, 1904.
The Alger and Pingree monuments seen from above in 1964