The church, middle background, as seen looking south on Woodward in 1910.
The Neo-Gothic splendor of Woodward Avenue Baptist Church
The church, seen here in 1960, lost its steeple during the widening of Woodward.
The stained-glass ceiling, organ and interior.
The steeple dwarfs passersby along Woodward Avenue.
A view of the sanctuary.
The church house, which, unlike the church itself, was done by architect George D. Mason.
The church in 1929, after the widening of Woodward Avenue.
A pair of the church's massive doors