This Romanesque church building, designed by Mason & Rice, also includes an addition by Malcomson & Higginbotham that was added in 1891. The original membership of this church consisted mostly of affluent residents of the surrounding community.
This large building, with Grafton stone in a coursed ashlar finish with sandstone trim, is composed of three sections: the original, T-shaped chapel with a two and one-half story read wing, the present main church with a Greek cross plan formed by cross gables, and a small, one-story addition on the north elevation added in 1966.
Measuring seventy-two feet along Cass Avenue and 146 feet along Selden Avenue, the church features a tower, with pyramidal roof sheathed in green slate, at the corner. The main entrances are located on the south and east sides of the tower, and at the north end of the Cass Avenue elevation.
The building was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and is presently locally designated as the single-resource Cass Methodist Church Historic District.
Interior images coming soon.