This Albert Kahn-designed structure in Detroit's Greektown neighborhood served as the Detroit Police Department headquarters from 1923 until 2013.
Ground was broken for the former Detroit Police Headquarters in late 1921, with the cornerstone being laid on Dec. 29 of that year.
The department's traffic unit was the first to set up cop shop there, on Dec. 22, 1922. Their fellow boys in blue joined them over the next month or so in this Albert Kahn-designed temple of law and order.
The Police Department moved out of the well-loved but well-worn 1300 Beaubien and into the Detroit Public Safety Headquarters on Third Avenue and Howard Street on June 28, 2013.
As part of Detroit's historic bankruptcy settlement, the old headquarters development option was given to one of the City's creditors, Syncora Guarantee Inc., which controls the property through its subsidiary Pike Pointe.
More on this building coming soon.