West Canfield 701-03 was not built until 1894, at which time John Ward, the attorney next door at 685, moved into the half of the house known as 701.
Subsequent residents of the double house were owners of Detroit companies.
Here's a list of houses lined up on the south side of W. Canfield between 2nd Ave. and 3rd Ave.. They can also be found on Historic Detroit:
William Wallace Washburn House
Last updated 19/04/2023