West Canfield 692, was built in 1880 by Dr. Henry Cowie, a prominent dentist in Detroit.
Dr. Cowie's sister, Agnes, married Dr. Henry A. Cleland, a physician, and lived next door at number 702. Dr. Cowie's office was in the Detroit Opera House Building until he built his own office building on Gratiot Avenue in the late 1880's.
Dr. Cowie lived at this address until the 1920's.
Here's a list of houses lined up on the north side of W. Canfield between 2nd Ave. and 3rd Ave.. They can also be found on Historic Detroit:
Last updated 19/04/2023